Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just a thought

I need my wisdom teeth pulled out... Or cut out, rather *shudders*. So naturally, my whole face is hurting. It hurts to smile and talk, let alone to chew some food. So I got the bright idea to make a smoothie. Yeah, I know, I make a lot of them. But this time, I made it good. I thought, well since I add spinach to them, I'll try adding some other veggie (since I'm out of spinach). When I went to the farmer's market the other day, I bought some yellow zucchini. They are supposed to be sweeter than the green sister squash. So I shredded it up and mixed it in my smoothie! I couldn't taste it at all, and my smoothie was so good!

So out of all of that, for lunch, I got my fair share of veggies, fruit, calcium/protein (from yogurt and milk)...All I was missing were the grains. But that's okay, I had plenty of those at breakfast time. Now if only I could make a scrumptious something for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment